Thursday, December 29, 2011

New Year’s meaning (2011)


Truthfully saying, I’m losing the meaning of New Year already. Not with all the celebration that I never think of much of their meaning. Up until now, I never think about the meaning of people celebrate New Year. When just now, I Google it, guess what I found? That New Year is only a tradition comes from confusion of dates from a long time ago. Or so what I thought from what I read.

After all the discussion with several of my co-workers, all of them are saying the same thing, “New Year? It’s just another night and another day for me...” Are we all hopeless people? For me, I’m looking at it as we’re a realistic people. Nothing will change much when it’s New Year. It’s not like on that day we will become someone else, with fat bank checks, new home, new everything. All of that is just a result of our everyday struggle and effort.

But why people make such a fuss over New Year? I believe that’s because they want to think that, “This is the beginning of a new chapter in my life” or “this is my new starting point to do –something-“. But if they think about it, don’t you feel that those kind of think works when you’re having birthday? That’s when you get more mature and people REALLY truly celebrate it?

But I’m also wondering why I make such a fuss over why I lose New Year’s meaning? I just don’t know. Maybe the irk I got when people asked me the question, “what you gonna do on New Year?” for several times already during this week. Or my irritation because I got nothing to do this year regarding that matter. Or it’s just that I get into my limitation of boredom today. Well… I can only wonder…

No comments:

Post a Comment